WELCOME

Among those of us who care deeply for and about people with developmental disabilities, I hope to hear emerge a new voice, ours, rising together for the benefit of all, harmonizing with reason, respect and hope, and transcending divisions, giving birth to a new era of creative cooperation.

Toward this potential, DD EXCHANGE is for conversation, civil sounding off, sharing of stories, experience, information, resources, and inspiration, giving and receiving support, and creative problem solving.


Finding Your Way Around

TO SEE OTHER'S INPUT: below each post on the right, click "links to this post;" or in the left side column, under "Labels," click the discussion link that interests you.

If there is no comment box below the post, click on
"# comments." It should open one.

TO CONTRIBUTE: add comments to posts in comment boxes &/or submit an article. Comments may also be sent for posting on your behalf. Email address as follows:

EMAIL: ddexchanges@gmail.com

MAILING LIST: add or remove name:
send request to email address, above.

WEB LINKS: to access other websites of interest, in the list to the right, just click on the underlined name.

FOLLOWERS: interested people, websites, organizations, businesses
who follow our discussions & choose to be public about their support.
Become a follower. Public support is a good thing!




Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Cheryl Felak Joins Developmental Disabilites Exchange

Today, I am delighted to introduce Cheryl Felak as a new author of Developmental Disabilities Exchange!

Cheryl has been a contributing reader since the blog's beginning in January. I have been inspired by her seemingly tireless energy and enthusiasm as well as her thirst for answers!

Cheryl comes to us with rich experience and I know readers will be eager to know about her; but I would like to leave it to her to tell about herself.

Welcome aboard, Cheryl.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much, Saskia for starting this blog and asking me to participate. I look forward to upcoming discussions, sharing information, supporting each other and our families and changing minds.

    It might appear to some that I have just come out of nowhere. Quite the contrary, I have been working in the trenches advocating for my children. It is just recently that I have been able to come up for air to help advocate for others.

    I have always wanted to help and work with others (maybe that's why I went into nursing?) and now have the opportunity. I'm very excited and energized by my new-found time so that I can actually go out and work with members of our community.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are encouraged. By sharing perspective, personal experience, both positive & negative, ideas, resources and support, readers can enhance each others&; understanding and we will all benefit.